Monday, July 2, 2012

Two Down and Lifetime to go!

My parents met Ethan for the first time over the 4th of July holiday weekend.  They were up camping at Cheney Lake and Ethan and I had made plans to go out on his boat.  After spending the day out on the lake we went back to the campsite for dinner and s'mores.  I thought the first meeting went very well, considering this was the very first time I had ever introduced anyone to my parents.

I later came to find out that after that very first encounter my dad would go on to say "I'd pay for a wedding for that guy..."

Famous last words.

Dad did pay for a wedding for that guy.  (partially...we did help)

And here we are 4 years from that initial meeting and celebrating our 2nd year as husband and wife.

What a 2nd year it has been!

Sometimes I look back on this last year and all that has happened and think of how wonderfully blessed we are.  Everything we prayed for this year, God granted to us.  We sold one house and built another.  Packed, moved, and somewhere in all of that still found time to celebrate birthdays and holidays.

Throughout the Grace of God, three months ago we went from just being husband and wife to daddy and mommy.  Our roles in life are forever changed again, and I know that's why God put us together in the first place.  We had good lives on our own, but together we are able to live out His purpose for us.  Husband and Wife.  Mother and Father.

I am not so nieve to think that marriage will forever go as easily as these last two years has, but it is in the imperfections that we grow stronger together.  In the end the goal isn't 10 years, it isn't 20 or even 50.  It's a lifetime.

No comments: