Sunday, July 15, 2012

Random Chatter

 I started this yesterday and just now finished it... I got a little sidetracked

~  Jackie has found her "outside voice" and seems to prefer it to her "inside voice."  I swear her shrieking can be heard down the block.  Ethan says she gets her volume level from me.  It's funny because it's true...

~  I have decided that it is a good thing we moved in to our new house in December.  We didn't get to do much in the Christmas Gift category, but we got all the "moving in to a new home" expenses out of the way before getting to the summer "get your yard in shape" expenses came.  We have decided that it will be much more beneficial for us to pay for a well and sprinkler system than trying to run our very limited water pressure to run sprinklers for HOURS in order to grow some grass.  This coming thankfully after we have had a chance to build up our account some. 

~  I spend a week at the end of June working with my favorite group of history geeks in Hutchinson.  I have been a part of this group for two years now and we have one year left of all working together.  I know that my teaching has benefited from it and will miss it when it's over.

~  Because of the history geek group I mentioned above I get a nice little stipend.  That stipend comes in perfect time for me to do a little "me" shopping before school starts.  This year I'll be spending some of that on a healthy eating challenge I'm going to try (more on that later...) and school clothes! I may find something for little Jackie and the hubby also. :)

~  The 4th annual Mystery Weekend is coming up soon.  I can't wait to find out where we are going, and Ethan is looking forward to some serious Daddy-Baby bonding time :)

~  I am currently going on month 2 without using the oven.  While I love grilling as much as the next person, I love to cook and I start to crave things like lasagna, and pizza, and home-baked cookies.  With the way things seem to be going it could be end of September before I get to use my oven again. 

~  I love that Jackie has found her thumb to suck on.  She hasn't been a big fan of the pacifier and even when she did suck on it for a while it would always fall out.  I know that eventually down the road we will probably have to fight her on the sucking the thumb issue, but for now I'm going to enjoy the extra few hours of sleep it gets me!

~  Oreos should not be kept in our house in the summer.  I have very little will power against Oreos.  And ice cream...

~  Speaking of ice cream, Ethan and I plan on getting an ice cream maker for ourselves.  I want my mother-in-law's recipe for the best home made ice cream I have ever had.  That could be a dangerous but wonderful thing.

No comments: