Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Nope. Not yet. Probably never.

For the last two years I have had pretty much the same thing for breakfast everyday...peanut butter toast or bagel.  (Other than the occasional special breakfast here or there). 

My point is peanut butter. 

I love peanut butter.  Jiff peanut butter.

Tonight in an attempt to try to begin to make some small changes in order to eat a little healthier, I picked up a jar of Natural Peanut Butter.  My mom ensured me that, yes, it is a different taste and will take a while to get used to it, but she was confident that I would eventually like it.

She had more confidence than I.

I don't know if it was stairing at the jar as we walked through Walmart, the ugly separation of the paste-like-substance from the oil, or just the thought of spreading it on my beloved morning toast that had me second guessing my mother's suggestion.

In the end I couldn't do it.

I put it down...somewhere in the men's underwear section I think.

I am just not in the right mind frame to give up my Jiff.

And I'm not sure if I will ever be.

Because quite frankly the thought of spreading that on my morning toast makes me gag.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Natural PB is the best! It does take a little bit to get used to but way better in my opinion. =) Give it a try!!!

Erin