Tuesday, July 10, 2012

If Jackie could talk...

I have found probably the most challenging thing to raising a baby is that they can't talk.  And I know that I will be probably wishing for these days again when she's talking and talking and talking...  BUT when she's upset and I don't know why I would give anything for her to just be able to tell me what she's thinking.

So, if Jackie could talk, here's what I think she would say about her life these last few weeks.

~  I have mastered the skill of screaming as loud as I can in order to get anything I want.  Sometimes mom tries to do many things before she figures out what I want, but I eventually get it.  I hope this continues!

~  My dad makes silly faces and weird noises just to get me to smile.  Doesn't he realize that all I need is a good fart :)

~  In recent weeks I have discovered that if I swing my legs over I can actually end up on my tummy.  Interesting...

~  Not so interesting... being on my tummy.  Again screeching at the top of my lungs sends mom and dad over to turn me over to the correct side.  Sometimes I roll right back over just to have them come over again.  It's a fun game.

~  Mom finally stopped strapping my arms down at bedtime!  Ahhhh the freedom to MOVE.

~  Daddy knows how to hold me best.  He also can get me to fall asleep so easily when he pats me on my back.  I love spending time with daddy.

~  I heard daddy say the other day that he's going to have "Spoil Jackie" days and that we will get to go to Dairy Queen.  When that day finally comes I'm going to make sure he invites mom too!

~  I have FEET and TOES.  They are the coolest thing E.V.E.R.

~  Sometimes on a hot day mom will take me outside into this big blue thing filled with water.  It's fun to kick my legs. 

~  Daddy takes me to see my puppies, my real puppies.  They are big and their noses are wet.

~  I have something going on inside my mouth.  I have tons of spit and my mouth hurts. I try to make it feel better by pressing anything in my mouth and gnawing on it.  Sometimes that helps, but sometimes I need that purple stuff shot in my mouth before it stops hurting. 

~  Mom took me to see the doctor yesterday because I have been coughing more.  He was funny, but now mom tries to make me drink this pink stuff.  The doctor said that I would like it because it is bubble gum flavor.  Haha.  Jokes on him.  I don't know what bubble gum tastes like, but I do know that I don't like that pink stuff.  I spit as much of it out as I can!

~  Bath time is my favorite!

~  I met some of my cousins this week.  They are so much fun!  I just love it when so many people play with me. 

~  Another interesting thing this week.  Thumbs.  They fit just perfectly in my mouth and I love to suck on them when I am sleeping.  I might keep this up for a long time.

~  I still love my swing.  Mom doesn't let me sit in it as much as she used to.  Sometimes I hate change.

~  My favorite song is Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.

~  Once a week mom and dad take me to church.  I used to sleep through it, but I have found it is much more fun to talk through it.  Especially when no one else is talking.

~  Grandpas make the funniest noises! 

~  Grandmas actually know the words to the nursery rhymes.  Mom and dad just guess. 

~  I like to be naked.  I try to poop as much as I can just so mom will change my diaper and I get to be naked for a little while.

~  Mom and dad play music so I will dance with them.  I just watch them and hope they never do that in public when I get bigger.

~  I can't wait to crawl or walk.  I just want to MOVE!  As soon as I am strong enough I will be on the go Go GO!

1 comment:

Desirae said...

love it! Jackie sounds a lot like Anthony