Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Things to look forward to

I have been ready and waiting for August 13th for the last two weeks. The first day of school. Most kids are trying to squeeze out as much joy as they can on their last day of freedom, while I am anxiously waiting their return. I happen to be one of those lucky people who get to do what they love as a profession. That doesn't mean there aren't difficult days along the way or annoying paperwork that can seem to bog me down at times. So I thought that I would write a little about some of the things I look forward to with the school year. That way when those bad days and weekly papers to grade start to drag on me, I will have this little reminder of what makes my job GREAT!

~ The "Hey Miss A!" calls from the kids down the hall.

~ Those kids who come in my room before school starts to read the sports section and see if I saw the over-time KU game last night.

~ Dressing up (I love my sports clothes, but sometimes a girl just needs to feel pretty!)

~ High Fives!

~ The look on the nervous 7th graders as they see what I'm all about.

~ Hugs...nothing better to bring a smile to my face.

~ The little sarcastic remarks and joking around about how loud my voice gets or how wild my hand movements are.

~ Finally making a connection with that stubborn kid I've been working to reach, and seeing the smile when they have success.

~ Spirit Week: Nerd Day, Crazy Hair Day, and the best one ever...Pajama Day!

And what's great about my job, is that each year more and more things get added to this list! I can't wait to see what new things happen this year :)

1 comment:

Casey said...

Thanks for this!! I am VERY bogged down with paperwork and it is so nice to be reminded of why we do what we do! I know you'll have a great year!