Saturday, August 9, 2008

Overrated and Underrated

I came up with this idea for a blog (at least I think I did...I apologize if you have seen this before or written on this topic) to write about some of the things that I think are either "overrated" or "underrated" in our society. Cause lets face it...some things get WAY too much credit.

Overrated:
TEXTING: omg! u r so kewl, u no u r my bff! lylas. lol! ttyl. I am a horrible texter. Don't get me wrong, it can be handy to send a short message here or there, but I refuse to hold an entire conversation by texting. I worry about the conversation (not to mention spelling) skills that the next generation will have. Will they even know how to go up to a person and strike up a new conversation?

Underrated:
TALKING ON THE PHONE: I am a talker, and those of you who know me, know this all too well. I love long conversations whether face to face or on the phone. It can be hard to detect sarcasm, joking around, and actual feelings while texting or typing on the computer. Pick up the phone so I can hear your voice.

Overrated:
SUBWAY: No enough meat. Bread is hard. Will not make the sandwich the way I want it. (I mean how hard is it to make a turkey and roast beef sandwich...they refuse)

Underrated
MR. GOODCENTS: Tons of meat and cheese. Bread is so soft. Pasta if you're not in the mood for a sandwich. I wish we had a Goodcents in town, but then again...I would be eating out way too often.

Overrated
BRAND NAMES: Just because the label says Nabisco does that really make the food better???

Underrated
ALWAYS SAVE, BEST CHOICE, KROGER: Saves you money for the same great taste! (most of the time....there are a few things I will shell out the extra money for...Jiff anybody!)

Overrated
LATE NIGHTS: Don't get me wrong, I love a good night out with friends as much as the next person, but how many times can you do that before it starts to get old (or you do!!)

Underrated
EARLY MORNINGS: I am an early bird. I get some of my best work done in the morning. Nothing beats a beautiful sunrise or the smell outside when you first get up!

Overrated
MICROWAVE POPCORN: Never again!

Underrated
FRESH POPPED POPCORN: I have a StirCrazy popcorn popper. Add a little salt and pair it with a Diet Dr. Pepper, hard to beat!

1 comment:

Casey said...

I completely agree about the popcorn! We "whirly pop" it on the stove. Fabulous! And cheap!
And I am so with you about texting. Texting is SUCH a chore for me because I capitalize stuff that is supposed to be capitalized, punctuate stuff that is supposed to be punctuated, and spell things correctly!