Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Debbie

Over the summer I got back in to the habit of exersizing. I've always been what I'd call "moderatly active" since I stopped playing volleyball in college. I go through spurts where I'll exersize and lose a few pounds then stop and gain some back. You know the cycle...



Now with school starting my daily swimming routine will have to end. I won't be able to be as active as I was during the summer, but I am going to make sure I keep up some type of physical activity each day. (success at the scale is one of the best motivators to keep going!)



One of the ways I will do this is with Debbie. While at ESU my roommate and I would work out to Debbie and her Slim in 6 program. Debbie has 3 levels; 1: Start it Up, 2: Ramp it up, and 3: Burn it Up. I have been doing Debbie 1 off and on over the summer when I didn't feel like driving to the Y for a swim. So today I decided to up it to Debbie 2. I hate Debbie! Ramp it up is over twice as long as Start it Up and I'm hurting. Squat after annoying squat, leg lift after painful leg lift. The only comfort that I take is that I can yell at Debbie through the entire workout. I can yell all kinds of mean and nasty things to her, and her feelings will never be hurt. She is still there the next day when I push PLAY smiling and egging me on. (However, I do not hear her because I mute it to hear my music). I know that tomorrow when I move slowly to put on my shoes she will be there ready to "Ramp it Up."

No comments: