Monday, August 4, 2008

School Supplies

I went back to school shopping today. I have been putting it off for a while do to the fact that I hate Wal-Mart. No matter what time of day I seem to go, it is constantly crowded (I'm not much of a crowd person) and they have 50 check out lanes but only 3 open! Why go to Wally World then? Simple...I need A LOT of things cheap! So I made my way through the automatic doors and into the jungle...

Since I am a teacher my school supplies list is a little different than most parents shopping for their 3rd grader. I needed 6 pairs of scissors, 72 spiral notebooks, 18 rolls of masking tape, a stapler and automatic pencil sharpener (that will no doubt be broken in two weeks by my middle schoolers), more pens and sharpies than I bothered to count, and two very large bags of Jolly Ranchers...you have no idea how much a little piece of candy can motivate a teenager! I successfully navigated my unbalanced cart through very thin isles, kids crying "mom...loooook attt thisssss," and tired looking employees, and managed to find everything on my list...plus some (I might have mentioned I have a thing for school supplies). Tomorrow I'll spend a good portion of the morning putting everything away so I can be all organized for the start of school. Sadly, that organization will be lucky to last until then end of August...

No comments: