Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Pink

I like the color pink.

I do not LOVE it, but I do like it.

I LOVE that we are having a baby girl.

I am super excited about all the cute little outfits that I can dress her in, and we have already received some very sweet little pink outfits that Jacqueline will look adorable in.

However...

I am finding in my search for cute little outfits for our baby girl, that pink is the go-to color and in some cases, the only color. 

I understand that infant babies all look very similar.  Boys and girls alike.  And in order to let the general public know if your little bundle of joy is a girl or boy, dress is the biggest factor. 

Pink = Girl
Blue = Boy

I want my baby to look like a girl, but why do stores think that all girls need to be plastered in pink in order to be recognized as a little princess? 

So...this mama will not purchase a pink outfit for the first 3-6 months of little Jackie's life. (Unless of course the cuteness factor outweighs the color factor).  I am sure that we will receive more than enough cute little pink outfits from friends and family.  I will focus my attention on finding those wonderfully adorable little dresses and onesies that are yellow, purple, green, brown, blue, black, red, and the other many pretty colors out there!  (To be paired with little skirts and bows to make sure that she is recognized as the pretty little girl that she is.)

No comments: