Thursday, January 26, 2012

I "Heart" Chocolate!

Valentine's Day is approaching.  I've never been a HUGE fan of the day.  I do believe that greeting card, chocolate, and jewelry companies combined to create a holiday that really can cause more harm than good. 

With that said...I am not a Valentine's Day hater.

I do not think that it is necessary for my husband or I to go and spend hundreds of dollars on a gift that is supposed to show us how much we love each other.  We've been married just over a year and a half with a baby on the way.  We've got that covered! 

For the past couple of years I have told my husband exactly what I want for Valentine's Day.

That's right.  EXACTLY.

I want one of those Russell Stover heart boxes of assorted chocolates (the bigger the better).

That's it.

Nothing more.

I LOVE those assorted chocolates. 

They are so yummy, and they are all MINE!

I can eat them however I want to because I don't have to share them with anyone. 

I take little bites out of each one and sort them from yummy to yummiest and then eat them in that order.  (Saving the caramels for last...)

This is one day of the year where I can actually SAVE my husband some money and instead of buying me a fancy, over-priced gift for a hundred dollars, he can spend a fraction of that and make me VERY happy!





1 comment:

Erin said...

I'm with you. I think v-day is overrated but I don't hate it.

My favorite v-day gift is a night of relaxing on the couch with pizza and a bottle of wine.

PS - hope you're doing well which it sounds like!