Wednesday, February 29, 2012

40 Days of Lent and No Caffine

For the Lenten season I decided to give up caffeinated drinks.  It's important to me to give up something that is a true sacrifice.  In my current pregnant condition, this was a difficult task.  A lot of the things I've given up in the past, I've been giving up for 8 months already. 

Then I thought, well, what could I give up that would be a healthy alternative to what I'm already eating or drinking.

Fried Food??  I really don't eat a ton of it.  (Plus the Knight's of Columbus put on a FANTASTIC fish fry throughout Lent, and I am not missing out on that!)

Chocolate??  Baby really likes it, and it makes me happy...

Pop??  I drink some, not a ton, but possible.  Still not a good enough sacrifice.

Coffee??  About the same as pop...

Ah-Ha!  I'll give up caffeinated drinks!  That will mean I am at least sacrificing one thing a day.

Fast-forward to today...just at the one week mark of Lent.

I'm dead.  I'm hitting a brick wall and all I can think about it how nice it would be to have an ice cold Diet Pepsi...a BIG one!

Temptation.

That's what Jesus faced in the desert. 

And I'm sure this is what it felt like...

No comments: