Friday, March 2, 2012

Random Chatter

~  I ordered some nursing shirts from Old Navy.  BIG SCORE!  Not only were they cheap, but they turned out to be really cute (which is always a risk buying clothes online), AND I can fit in to them now, so they double as maternity shirts too! 

~  Tried Dark Chocolate Raspberry M&Ms this week, and the girl scout cookies we ordered arrived.  My goal for the next month will be to not completely devour mounds of cookies and M&Ms.  Maybe I should have given up sweets for Lent.

~  Down to once a week appointments.  Doctor said baby could come at anytime now.  We are very excited, but due to the fact that we are procrastinators there are still things that need to be done at home, bought for baby, and organized for school.  So, I'm really hoping that baby waits until Spring Break to make her debut!

~  Ethan wants a puppy.  I said no.  (Actually I said "not right now...")

~  One thing I am really looking forward to about maternity leave (besides the cuddly little baby) is the fact that our gas bill will be cut in half.  It is crazy the amount of money we spend on gas each month. 

~  Ethan ordered a new camera lens and it arrived on Thursday. He is really excited to get to use it to take newborn pictures of baby Jacqueline.

~  I talk about babies a lot lately.  So many of my friends and family are having babies.  Makes it hard not to go on and on and on...

~  I have LOVED this winter.  I know that it is very important in our region to get moisture in the winter.  I know that I missed not having any snow days this year.  I know that kids missed opportunities to have snowball fights and build a snowman.  BUT I didn't have to drive in it, I didn't have to take the dogs out to do their "business" in it, I didn't have to shovel it, and I didn't sit wrapped in an electric blanket just to watch TV. 

~  I was in the bathroom after our Wednesday night religion classes and there was a little girl in there washing her hands.  She asked me if I was one of the 2nd grade teachers.  I told her I was, and she responded with, "Oh...I think you look like a mom."  It was a sweet comment.

~  I have decided that I want to write in "Jack Bauer" for president in November.  I am not a fan of "party-line" voters and have always thought that I was the kind of person who voted based on the issues rather than the political party.  Right now, I don't like any of my choices. 

~  My mom and dad bought a new camper.  They are thrilled and can't wait to start using it.  It is smaller than the one they used to have (as far as places to sleep), but mom reassured me that there would be plenty of room for Ethan and I to take one bed and Jacqueline can sleep in the bathtub. 

No comments: