Saturday, February 25, 2012

Boy or Girl???

Ethan and I are planners.  We had our baby names picked out before we were married.  It was obvious that we were going to find out whether our baby was going to be a boy or girl.  We waited an agonizing 18 weeks debating if it was baby Jackie or baby AJ.  The time finally came...the Friday before Halloween.

There we were, my belly all "jellied" up with that goopy stuff, and there was a great picture of our baby.  Perfect.  2 hands, 2 feet, 5 fingers and toes on each, one nose, and one perfectly looking profile.  Now...boy or girl???

This is where our little bean decided to be difficult.  There was not a good angle available.  The sonographer tried to get her to move (which consisted of banging on my belly...with a full bladder).  Not a pleasant experience...  Anyway, move baby did, all over.  Except the way we needed. 

Until finally...

I hear the sonographer say..."Well, I'm just not seeing much, and if there was something there to see, we would have seen it by now.  I'm saying it's a girl."

And then finally the right move.

We have girl parts!  And she's an active, stubborn little thing.

Since then we have been delightfully planning for our little girl, with much more pink than Ethan was hoping for (but he's getting used to it!)

The room is ready, we are ready, and we were especially excited for our little girl.

If it wasn't for the dreams...

I keep having dreams that we are having a boy.  The baby comes perfect and healthy with a very specific piece that was not seen on the sonogram.  I have had four so far, two within the last week.

And my doctor...

Every time I go in for my appointments and we get to listen to the wonderful heartbeat my doctor records the beats per minute and asks if we are having a boy based on the number being a little lower and that boys "typically" have lower heartbeats.

So...here we are.  All ready for our little girl, but with those dreams and doctor visits in the back of my mind. 

And because of that, I may just have to pack a little blue outfit that says "Daddy's little man" to take with our pink outfit just in case...

No comments: