Thursday, January 1, 2009

Reflection and Renewal

Each new year usually brings about two things. Remembering the past year's good (or not so good) experiences, and looking forward to the new year and setting personal goals. I take a little time out to reflect on the last year and how incredibly blessed I have been and to look at what I would like to accomplish in the next year of my life.

2008 was the year...

~ My nephew Bryson grew incredibly fast and learned all kinds of new skills. It amazes me how fast he went from crawling and scooting to running as fast as his little legs will carry him.

~ My parents surprise me once again of their patience, understanding, and love for their children all because they want us to be happy and healthy.

~ I started my new hobby...golf. I love it and can't wait for the weather to get warmer so I can play again.

~ I lost 40 lbs. when I once thought that just loosing 20 would be all but impossible.

~ I realized that my sister and I have more in common than we used to. She has truly become one of my best friends in little less than a year!

~ I introduced E to the family. He fits in very well and my family continues to ask when I am bringing him around again.

2009 will bring...

~ Hopefully an improvement to the economy. I feel pretty secure with my job (we kinda need teachers) but those close to me could be affected. I pray that things improve soon!

~ Speaking of the economy. One of my goals of the new year is to start saving more...just a little each paycheck. I used to be really good about it, and I still am better than some, but could be doing more.

~ A new house for me to rent with a little garage, fence for a puppy, and not a ridiculously high rent.

~ A continued loss in weight. I have already exceeded expectations, it is now time to set those goals higher...I have more confidence in my ability to be healthier than I have in...well most of my life.

~ A lower golf score. :)

~ A cleaner house...

I probably should mention that I like to say "goals" rather than New Year Resolutions. I know that essentially it means the same thing, but I tend to achieve goals and forget resolutions. So there's a big difference in the wording!

No comments: