Saturday, November 8, 2008

Sunday Chatter

Sometimes it seems like the only thing I write in here is my weekly Sunday Chatter...maybe I should rename the blog to just that...

~ Basketball season has started. I went from coaching girls how to block volleyballs on Saturday to boxing out for a rebound on Monday. We had our first game on Thursday and my 7th graders started out their season with a win. We still have SOOOO much to work on, but that will have to wait as we have another game tomorrow. This season will be over before I know it!

~ My house is clean again! I finally had a Saturday morning where I could dedicate 3 hours to laundry, dishes, and the toilet :)

~ Over the course of the last year I have been working to try and lose some weight. I have lost a total of 35 lbs. and right now am just hoping to maintain over the dreaded holiday season (my favorite foods all at one time) before trying to lose a little more. It is possible!

~ I am dating a guy who, when asked what he wants to do for his birthday, says he wants to go to a WSU volleyball game...do I know how to pick em or what?!

~ I am turning 26 in November...strange how I feel better about turning 26 than I felt last year about turning 25.

~ Every Sunday morning while I am driving the 15 min. drive to church I call my mom and we chit chat for a few minutes. It has almost become our "Sunday Ritual." So much so that she now answers the phone at 9:30 when I call "hello Jill" already knowing that it's me. Well this morning I ended up missing church and didn't call mom. By the time I got to my phone there were 4 missed calls from her. I think she enjoys our ritual!

~ I need new glasses. I would love to wear them more often but they are about 2 1/2 prescriptions behind. Right now I only wear them on Sunday/Saturday mornings when I really don't have to see anything. I think I'll wait till after Christmas Season to spend the money on glasses.

~ I have a cavity. I can feel it, and I HATE the dentist!

~ I have to start coming up with my Christmas list. So far the list is pretty much the same as last year...gift cards and movies. Am I that boring??? I better start getting a little creative...maybe some golf shoes :)

No comments: