Wednesday, November 12, 2008

"Coach I have an ouchie"

MS Bball girl: "Coach this spot on my leg hurts"
ME: What spot?
MS Bball girl: This right here...
(There is no spot)

MS Bball Girl: (At the very end of practice before conditioning) "Coach I talked to the Dr. about my legs hurting and he said I needed to cut back on the running"
ME: But didn't you just run in the scrimmage all practice?
MS Bball Girl: Yeah
ME: So...you should be ok, right?
MS Bball girl: Well, the Dr. said I should cut back on running
ME: Well, then I guess you can't play tomorrow
MS Bball Girl: But...I think I can play in the game
ME: Then I think you can run

MS Bball Girl: (Sobbing) My (hic) jaw (sniff) hurts (sigh)
Coach W: It's hurting so bad that you have to sob like that
MS Bball Girl: (no words, just hic, sniff, sigh and nodding her head)
Coach W: Well if it's hurting so bad why are you moving it around with your hands, that can't be good for it.
MS Bball Girl: (Shoulder shrugs)
Coach W: Well, if it's hurting that bad you should go see a Dr. right away. Call your parents.

I think we need to implement the "Tom Hanks" philosophy: "There is no crying in basketball!"

No comments: