Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Start of Turkey Vacation

I love Thanksgiving...it's one of my favorite holidays. My break officially started Tuesday night after I got home from practice by cleaning and packing my stuff for the next two days. I am very proud to report that it only took two bags! (One doesn't really count cause it's my swim bag and I take it everywhere)

We had bball practice this morning at 8:30 and I was excited for the extra time to sleep in a little, and did I use it. Nope. I woke up EARLIER than normal...5:30 and couldn't go back to sleep. So I layed in bed till 7 and then just got up. Hopefully sometime this break I'll get to sleep in some.

After practice I made my way to Emporia and met my brother and his friend Brent for 18 holes of golf. Joe has been playing consistently since he moved back home, and Brent plays golf for OU...I've played once since August and that was two months ago. Needless to say, I sucked it up. But it was still fun!

The three of us hurried home after we were done because we knew what awaited us...French Dip sandwiches and cheesy potatoes. Soooo good! Now, I'm painfully full and have been laughing until my face hurts for most of the evening...what a great start to my Turkey Vacation!

No comments: