Sunday, September 7, 2008

Sunday Chatter

Just some random thoughts tonight...

~ When you cut your legs shaving it will bleed and bleed and bleed. It will of course always happen when you are somewhere else (I was at the Y) and a band-aid is not readily available.

~ When it is March and a warm day of 68 hits unexpectedly people will bust out the shorts, t-shirts, and flip flops. But when it is an unexpected cool 68 in September we are bundled in sweatshirts and jeans. I love Kansas!

~ Middle school kids will be more motivated for a Jolly Rancher than for 5 points extra credit.

~ I want a puppy. A yellow lab to be exact, but I can't have any pets at the house I currently rent, plus it has no fence. Is it wrong that out of all the reasons I should find a new place to live...and there are MANY...the fact that I want to have a puppy is the one that motivates me the most. (I already have a name picked out...Meadow)

~ If you trip and fall in your house alone with no one around to see...did it really happen?

~ I bought a pair of really cute jeans in May. I have worn them three times...last night i could pull them off without unbuttoning them. Now I have to go buy a smaller pair. What a cool problem to have!

~ Gas is going back down...what do you want to bet it's just for the upcoming election and they sky-rocket right back up after the first Tuesday after the first Monday of November! Am I a pessimist or a realist?

~ It amazes me how our concept of time changes as we get older. As a kid a two hour drive might as well have been an entire day spent in the car. I can clean my entire house in less time now than it used to take me to clean just my room when I was younger. The thought of waiting an entire YEAR for Christmas to come again was almost painful and now I can't believe that my little nephew is almost a YEAR! Time really does fly.

1 comment:

Casey said...

Webkinz has yellow labs! $13.99--no mess--you can build it an amazing house online and even play games!!! I tell you this as I sit bundled up in my jeans and sweatshirt...:o)