Saturday, June 23, 2012

Pool Days!

We attempted our first swim on Thrusday. I have been waiting for this day for a long time.  The perfect mixture of a warm day plus very little wind.  Those days can be hard to come by in Kansas, but we finally had it.  I promptly filled up our recently bought little kiddie pool with water in the morning, so it would have a chance to warm up.

After our afternoon feeding I started the proces of getting Jackie all ready for her big experience in the pool.  (This process, I would later realize, will take longer than the actual time spent in the pool...).

Lotion over every part of the body (including head) - Check.

Diaper changed - Check

Swimsuit on - Check

Sunglasses - Check

Hat - Check

Pre-pool picture - Check


We then made our way outside.  The water so pretty and blue, just ready and waiting.  Jackie, having no idea that some of her most fun summer memories would some day come from swimming in the pool.  All starting out like this...


But we soon got the hang of things.  Blowing bubbles


And posing like a little starlet! 


I hope that Jackie eventually loves the water as much as I did growing up.  Because if there's one thing I've learned from my mother (and there were many...) its that nothing helps get babies ready for a nap like an hour or two at the pool!


No comments: