Friday, June 8, 2012

This and That

I've been a little lacking in the blog world the for a while.  It's not that I haven't tried, I have.  It's not that I don't have things to say, I do.  I just haven't found a way to make what's in my head sound good when I write it down.  I thought I'd just put a few things in that have been going on around here and some random thoughts for now.

I had volleyball camp this week for my 7th and 8th graders for next season.  It has been good to see them in the gym again and see what work we have ahead of us.  I do always have to remind myself that it is early and they will get better by October.

Due to volleyball camp this week I have had no other choice but to leave little Jackie with her first non-family member babysitter.  I am incredibly lucky to have a great friend and colleague watch her for me in the mornings.  Throughout this process I have decided that babies have a conspiracy to be as absolutely cute and cuddly as possible right before you have to drop them off. 

I am so tired/frustrated/angry about all of the construction on the west side of Wichita.  I understand that it needs to be done, it needed to be done 3 years ago.  I am frustrated and angry at the genius who decided to have construction at every major intersection on the west side.  If I never see another orange sign "Road Construction Ahead" followed by annoying cones it'll be too soon.

I had the pleasure of going shopping for my husband for his very first Father's Day.  I know that it is very cliche to get a tie as a Father's Day gift, but in this case it was appropriate.  Ethan has been dressing nicer for church lately and it's something that he would like to continue doing for sometime.  That includes things such as nice dress shirts, pants, and the ole cliche tie.  In keeping with our gift-giving traditions, he got his gift early.  We tend to do this pretty often.  Sometimes it is the day before, sometimes weeks, sometimes we just decide to get ourselves something together.  (A house for example...).  This time it was because I knew he would want to wear his new clothes to Mass on Father's Day so I wanted him to try them on so if we needed to take them back to the store we could.  I think I did pretty good we only have to return two items and that's only because he ended up not needing a belt. 

I have been trying to find some new recipes that don't involve the oven for the hot summer months.  I'm already a month into not using the oven and I'm struggling.  I love grilling foods, but I need a little variety.  If anyone has some suggestions on recipes I will be happy to have them :)

I am going to get back into spinning classes again.  I did it a few years ago in January and loved it.  I ended up stopping due to the times in the evenings being difficult sometimes to get in.  Now that it is summer I can go in the mornings at least 3-4 days a week and then hopefully swim on the off days.  I'm looking forward to doing it again, but not looking forward to the sore bum I'm going to have for a week or so...

No comments: