Saturday, June 9, 2012

&*%# Happens!

Things are happening to me that rarely happened before. 

I find myself saying the following statement multiple times a week. 

"I'm sorry I'm running a few minutes late..."

I have mentioned before in a blog post about how obsessed I am with time.  So this new found statement that I'm saying is causing me grief.  I hate running late.

It is easy to blame it all on Jackie.  And truth be told, some of the time it is her fault.  She will wait until RIGHT BEFORE going in the car seat before filling her diaper full of poo.  This event usually follows a freshly changed diaper and may or may not include a change in clothes too. 

But all the blame cannot ride with her.  Things are happening to me.  Random unexplained events causing me to take longer than it should.

I leave the garage door opener in the house...back inside

I leave the phone in the house...back inside

I forget to lock the back door...back inside

My flip flops BREAK as I run back in the house for my keys, so now I have to change my shoes!

Before Jackie came along people told me this would happen.  You will run late with kids.  I figured I would just start getting around earlier.  For some reason that just doesn't seem to be working, because thing happen right at the last minute. 

So until I get the hang of this multitasking-parent thing, I apologize in advance because I'm probably running a few minutes behind. 

No comments: