Thursday, March 8, 2012

Are you kidding me...

Warning:  If you are unable to read sarcasm, this probably isn't the post for you...

I just browsed through a catalog for over-priced cleaning supplies.  It made me laugh scough out loud. 

Let's make cleaning fun!
Ha...Yeah right.  Fun.

There are MANY more words I could have used there instead of "fun."  Like, "go away" or "easier" or "magical like Harry Potter" (I mean that literally, with a wand and everything.)

The women were all dressed very neatly (in their skinny jeans!) with their hair expertly fixed and make-up done perfectly.  HA! 

Maybe it's just me, but I usually wait until AFTER I have scrubbed the bathroom, vacuumed floors, and dusted to take a shower and get cleaned up.  My cleaning attire usually consists of a pair of dirty sweat pants (why dirty another clean pair?), a t-shirt or tank top and my hair thrown up in a messy bun.  Bra and contacts are optional.

There was a page advertising a kid's mop.  The kid mop was supposed to make cleaning fun for kids (there's that word again...fun).  Wanna guess how much the mop was???

$70.00!!! 

FOR A KID'S MOP.

Even better...the kid in the picture was SMILING.

Now, I may just be only 8 1/2 months pregnant and I may not know a whole lot about raising kids yet, but I do know one thing.  Kids do NOT smile while being told to mop the floor.  Not even with a $70.00 mop! 

Although...if they did find a way to use a magic wand as in Harry Potter, there might be more smiling involved with cleaning.  Until then, I'm not buying any of it!

No comments: