Thursday, February 26, 2009

Yea for the WEEKEND!

I have been looking forward to this weekend since January. Ethan and I had been trying to find one of my sister's basketball games to go watch where either he or I didn't have anything planned. We wouldn't have been able to make it to any games until the very last one on Feb. 28. That seemed like sooo far away at the time.

Now it's here. I am taking the day off tomorrow so E and I can have the whole day to do what we please. I will start out my day by getting my nails done while he figures out something to do for an hour...I'm not going to make him sit in there with me (I think that would qualify under "cruel and unusual punishment" anyway).

We plan on going into Wichita and enjoying the day test driving cars, taking pictures, and taking the "scenic" route home. We are even going to stop in Climax, Kansas, just so we can say we've been there! (That will make a GREAT story to tell mom..."Hey mom we just went through Climax!" haha!!!) We'll get to Burlington just in time for a yummy shrimp dinner and I'm sure lots of laughing and story-telling from my parents! Jamie's game is on Saturday and it will be so fun to watch her play...although I do believe I'll need to get E an ESU shirt, can't have him wearing a WSU shirt to the game! Sunday we're going to cook dinner for the family...manicotti. YUM!

I am so excited for my weekend you'd think I would have been packed early in the week all ready to go...Nope. I'm sitting here blogging knowing full well that E will call in about 20 minutes and have nothing packed and ready to go. I best get a move on!

1 comment:

Casey said...

Have a wonderful weekend and hug everyone for me.