Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Weekly Chatter

~ I had my nails done again for the first time in two years. I used to get them done back home in Burlington, but that ended up being too costly to go home and "hope" that I could get in to my very busy nail lady. My nails are now pretty pink and girlie!

~ I almost didn't get a paycheck this month...I am starting to feel helpless with the economy. All I can do is sit back and wait for the more powerful "big-wigs" in Washington to get us out of this mess. That's a very scary thought to me.

~ I have only three teaching days this week. In-service on Monday (suck fest!) and a curriculum day tomorrow. That means I get pulled from my classroom to sit in an office with other teachers and work on stuff. BORING! I would much rather be teaching!

~ Ethan and I had a great Valentines Day...We did absolutely nothing! We were lazy all day long until we finally decided to do some sort of physical activity and go to the store to cook something for dinner.

~ I am tired of being cold. I am tired of wearing sweat pants, my hands being purple, and heating bills. I told E last night that I was tired of being cold and he suggested that I cuddle up to him more...awwww!

~ I love the show "Lie to Me." I am learning all kinds of tells on how people lie. It is fascinating!

~ Ethan and I spent all day Sunday at his parents house. I love spending time with them, they really are great people. (Plus I LOVE hearing stories about him when he was little!)

~ I had to replace my car battery yesterday. I went in to the store and when I came out my car was deader than a doornail. I had someone jump me and I went straight to the Coop. 77 dollars later I was good to go. Considering the cost of other car repairs that could have happened, I think I got out pretty easy. Oh...and an annoying side-note. My radio has shut off due to the power going out and I have to have a code to turn it back on...yeah, my car is used and I can't find the code. Nice.

~ I haven't been home since Christmas Break. I will be going in a couple weeks with Ethan, and I can't wait!

No comments: