Monday, February 9, 2009

Weekly Chatter

~ There is a fly buzzing around my house. It has apparently been dormant over the winter just sneaking around and eating food while I am at school because this is the biggest fly I have ever seen. He is now dead.

~ I hit a milestone today. 50 lbs. lost!!! Makes me very happy, but also a little scary to think I had that much weight to lose and how much more I would like to.

~ "Facebook Official": When I first started telling people I was dating E, the usual response was "why haven't you changed your status on facebook?" It made me laugh at how we have come to define relationships based on a personal website and we weren't truly together if our pages didn't read "in a relationship." For all you facebook fanatics out there...we are now "in a relationship" and facebook official!

~ My brother, John, is in Vegas right now. Maybe he'll win some "big bucks" and give a little to me. Maybe...

~ February is going to fly by. By the end of the month I will have had 4 weeks of only 4 teaching days (after inservice, sick days, and a personal day at the end of the month). That means that spring is just around the corner!!!

~ Saturday was a BEAUTIFUL day. E and I took the dogs (his two lab pups) for a walk at Sedgwick County Park. KC, the older one, thought she was going for a run and about pulled E's arm out of his socket a few times. Breck, the little pup, had never been on a leash before and thought it was going to eat her. She would whine and whimper whenever I got in front of her. They eventually calmed down and walked like good pups...well, we did take them on a 4 mile walk, so by the end they were worn out.

~ I'm still praying for E to find a job soon. Fingers are crossed too!

~ Valentine's Day is coming up. I have always been a Val-day hater, but this year I find myself looking forward to the day...hmmm, could that be because I have someone special to spend it with.

~ Even though I'm looking forward to V-day this year, I still think it's ridiculous to spend a lot of money on a day that greeting card and chocolate companies dreamed up. We will spend the day cooking dinner and hanging out together...I can't wait!

No comments: