Sunday, October 12, 2008

Sunday Chatter

~ I had a great week. I have found that when I go to Church on Sunday my week seems to be better than it could be. I think there might be a pretty strong correlation there.

~ My sister came to Wichita this weekend and we went out to dinner Friday night with Ethan, and then did some major shopping on Saturday. I spent a lot of money, but that's what happens when none of my clothes fit and I have to buy smaller sizes... :)

~ I am in love with the new 3 Musketeers Dark Chocolate and Raspberry cream!

~ I was up at the school today, on Sunday, working on planning a new unit for the Election. I forget how much work I put into my first year of school when every unit of study was new and made from scratch. I spent 4 hours today on an 85 minute lesson. I thought I got so much accomplished until I realized that all that work was for one day...now I feel a little silly for spending so much time on it. Sometimes I wish I wasn't a perfectionist with school. But on a good note, it should be a really good lesson where the kids learn a lot! (They'd better, cause if it flops I'll really feel stupid spending so much time on it.)

~ I am loving volleyball season, I always do, but by about mid October I am looking forward to November and my weekends being a little more free. There are three weekends left in October and I'm at a volleyball tournament on all of them. (Which means more Sundays at the school...)

~ I spent a lot of money this weekend on new clothes (as mentioned earlier), meals out, gas, and other things I probably didn't need. I like to think that I am doing my part to help stimulate the economy! (At least that's how I justify it!)

~ I went swimming today. I have been trying to go on the weekends when I can, but it has been a while since I've been. It felt good, but I can tell that I am out of shape. It's amazing how fast the endurance goes away.

No comments: