Saturday, October 4, 2008

The Simple Things

In this fast-paced world many times we get so caught up in the major things (economy, election, work) going on we forget to stop and enjoy the simpler things in life. I like to think of myself as a "simple things" kind of girl. It's the simple things that really mean the most and make me happy. For example...

~ Not having to set the alarm on Saturday mornings. Yes, I still get up around 7 or 7:30, but for someone who usually gets up at 6 or even earlier that's sleepin' in.

~ Hugs. Nothing like a big old bear hug to make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside...and depending on who is doing the hugging, it can bring a goofy smile to my face just to think about it. :)

~ A cup of coffee in the morning. Simple and satisfying.

~ Sales. I'm not too much of a shopper, but when something is on sale and it actually fits...my day is made!

~ Friday night dates with pizza and a movie! So simple, yet perfect during this busy time of year.

~ Clean sheets on the bed. How I wish I could afford a maid to clean my sheets and make my bed everyday for me! Alas...this is why it is a simple thing that makes me happy...it doesn't happen as often as I would like.

~ A baby's laugh or smile. Even the Grinch's heart would melt to that.

~ The fact that Thanksgiving and the general "holiday season" is coming closer. I love that time of year and can't wait for all those feelings it brings.

No comments: