Wednesday, October 8, 2008

My Wednesday

You know those days where it seems like the world is against you. Nothing works out the way it should and you come home needed either a very big bowl of ice cream or a very strong drink (I usually chose the drink). Today was definitely not one of those days. :)

I had a fantastic day today. I got to sleep in because I am actually planned for the week and didn't have to set up my classroom for anything special. So I got to wake up at 6:30 rather than 5:30...big difference. It was a good hair day. I got my mail to see that my city bill was much cheaper than it usually is. The lesson that I had planned with the kids worked out really well, they learned and were just as fun as ever. THEN...I find out from my principal right before lunch that my 8th graders last year made the standard of excellence on their Social Studies state assessment. For those of you who are teachers you will understand what a BIG deal this is. Especially for someone who was giving the test for the first time, the year before I'm up for tenure...talk about stress. My good day doesn't stop there. I go to volleyball practice and my C team girls have probably the best practice they've had all year...we actually beat the JV team in a scrimmage type game. I was so proud of them. They are getting so much better, I find myself having to set even higher expectations! I love days like this :)

No comments: