Thursday, January 30, 2014

A Day in the Life...

...of me on the 24 Day Challenge!

**I am currently a breast feeding mom so my challenge is a tad modified**

5:00 AM:  BEEP, BEEP, BEEP, my alarm goes off.  Ugh...I was just up an hour and a half ago feeding baby.  Gotta get up...time to pump, but first my SPARK!  (Oh Spark, how I love you...)  The biggest decision at this point of the day...which flavor??? Take 3 Catalyst and the best Probiotic out there! 

5:15 AM:  Drink more water.  Get dressed, hair, and make-up. (I showered the night before...FYI)

5:30 AM:  Pack lunches if not done the night before.  Today...meal replacement shake for me, I have break duty (recess) at lunch, so I need a quick meal!  Ethan gets tomato basil chicken breast and whole wheat pasta.  Multitask and clean pump attachments, dry, and pack breast pump to take to school. 

6:00 AM:  Make Ethan's Spark, he drinks that while taking the first color pack of his MNS supplements for the day and 3 Catalyst.  Start breakfast.  Today... 1/2 cup oatmeal with scoop of peanut butter, cinnamon, and half of a banana sliced, 4 egg whites scrambled with spinach and tomatoes.  YUM!  Ethan:  breakfast burrito with turkey sausage, scrambled eggs (mixture of egg whites and whole eggs), salsa, jalapenos, and a whole wheat tortilla, and half a cup of grapes.  Ethan takes white packets of his MNS supplements, I take 3 CorePlex with Iron (my prenatal vitamin) and 2 OmegaPlex (Omega 3 fatty acid dietary supplements)

6:45 AM:  Get baby up, dressed, and fed while hubby gets toddler up and dressed.  Switch kids.  I do toddler's hair, hubby gets baby in car seat. 

7:00 AM:  Roll out!

10:00 AM:  Take 3 more Catalyst.  Have second Spark if needed. (I usually do because I like to take Spark and Catalyst together). 



10:30 AM:  Snack!  Apples and natural peanut butter it my typical go-to snack.  Ethan's too! 

11:30 AM:  Lunch.  Today's shake...Chocolate!  My favorite!


3:00 PM:  3 more Catalyst.  Sometimes, depending on how the night went with baby or the day went with teens and preteens I may have another Spark! :o)

3:20 PM:  Bell rings at school and I walk out my classroom door and start walking laps at the school or put in my Can You 24 DVD workout and bust out 15-25 minutes of some sort of physical activity! (length of time depends on if any kids come in my room needing help with something or to finish up work.


3:45 PM:  Head out to pick up girls.  Drink Post Workout Recovery shake if I did workout DVD.  Eat Advocare snack bar if I walked.

4:30 PM:  Get home from picking up the girls at daycare.  Start dinner if needed.  Feed baby if needed.  Play with toddler or get toddler to "help" with dinner.  Try to keep toddler from shoving pacifier in baby's face.  Tonight's dinner:  Chili (1 lb. 93% lean hamburger, 1/2 lb turkey sausage, black beans, no sodium diced tomatoes, low sodium tomato sauce, chili powder, cayan pepper, garlic powder, basil and oregano, salt and pepper to taste).  Sprinkle a little cheese on top with a dollop of Greek yogurt.  Tasty!  2 more OmegaPlex with dinner.

6:00-7:30:  Clean up kitchen, play with girls, give girls baths if it is bath night, or anything else that needs to be done.  Hubby helps with all of the above. :)

7:30 PM:  Bed time for toddler.

8:00-8:30 PM:  Feed baby and put her to bed.

8:30 PM:  Shower.  Have a snack of fruit if hungry (after out of the shower of course)

9:00 PM:  In bed.  Little computer time, little Netflix time (House of Cards Season 2...Feb. 14!!!).

9:30-10:00 PM:  Ahhh SLEEP!
 

Sometimes I have a hard time picking out exactly what is part of the challenge, other than taking supplements.  That's the great thing about the 24 Day Challenge, it really does transition you into a REALISTIC healthy lifestyle.  This is real life.  Eat good, clean food.  Take vitamins.  Get SOME KIND of physical activity each day.  SLEEP. 

And enjoy some tasty, good-for-you energy with SPARK!  :)

No comments: