Thursday, January 16, 2014

Nothing worth having...

Comes easy.

We did it!  The Cleanse phase of the 24 Day Challenge is now complete. YAY! 

So what were our results so far?  We did a weigh-in and measurement check to see how we were doing. 

I lost 3 pounds and about 4 and 1/2 inches (1 1/2 from waist, 2 from hips, and 1 from thigh).  Ethan lost about 2 1/2 pounds and about 2 inches overall.

I am happy with my results.  Although, I will admit that I (and like most others) would have been ecstatic for rapid, blow-you-away type results.  I have to constantly remind myself that my goal isn't a quick fix.  There is no such thing.  If something promises you extreme weight loss without any work and in a short amount of time, there's something off...or possibly a parasite??? 

Nothing worth having comes easy!  It is WORK.  People shouldn't be afraid of WORK.  Making life-long changes takes time and work before it becomes a new habit.  If you aren't ready to work for it, don't expect results to be long-term.

My goal is sustained weight loss.  I want it off for good (or at least until the next baby comes around).  I want healthy habits embedded in our routines and recipes, so we have a lifestyle change as a family.  I have to remember that it took me 9 months of carrying a baby to put on 45 pounds.  The 14 pounds I have left before returning to "pre-baby weight" (and any extra poundage I can shed) won't come off easily or in a measly 10 days. 

And I'm ok with that.

Advocare IS NOT A DIET.  It will help give you strategies to begin to develop new habits.  Those habits helping you to live the best life possible, help you to be the best YOU you can be.  

Then and only then will it be easy.

No comments: