Monday, February 10, 2014

The Results!

I know, I know, I'm a few days over 24 with the results, but hey...I've been busy!

Here we GO!  Over the last 24 days....

~  I lost 9 and 1/2 pounds and 8 inches, Ethan lost 5 pounds and 3 3/4 inches.

~  My energy level is SOOO much better now that I'm focusing on putting good quality food in my body and I get a boost with my SPARK!

~  The first time I did the challenge I did struggle with resisting my sweet tooth.  This time I have found that fruits and yogurt can satisfy that craving.  And if I'm DESPERATE for some chocolate, a few chocolate chips or a couple of chocolate covered almonds are quire satisfactory!  I am easily able to resist other sweets that I don't LOVE.  Such as the cupcake with a mountain of frosting delivered to me today...I don't love cupcakes, I definitely don't love frosting, so I can easily pass.  Love the words of my sister..."If you LOVE it, then have a little, if you don't, then DON'T" :)

~  Ethan Successes:  Apples and natural peanut butter have become his GO TO snack.  He TRIED EVERYTHING that I made during these 24 days.  Even spaghetti squash!  Pre-Challenge Ethan would have scoffed and said, I don't like that.  Instead he tried it and I got "it's ok" or "It's not bad" response.  He discovered spicy hummus, tried sweet potato fries, turkey sausage, and egg whites.  He has gone from dipping chicken in GOBS of ranch and BBQ sauce, to just putting a small amount on his plate and portioning it out better.  His pants are saggy :)

~  I like oatmeal!  Let me say that again in a way that more expresses my excitement.  I LIKE OATMEAL!!!!!  I have been working on liking oatmeal for over 10 years.  The first time I tried the challenge, I gave up on trying to like oatmeal.  This time, I was determined.  Now, I want it EVERY.SINGLE.DAY.  So warm and yummy.  My secret way to love it...cinnamon and a small scoop of natural peanut butter with sliced bananas.  My mouth is watering for it as I type...  This is such a huge achievement for me. 

This is all great...but what's next?

I have said this before and I will continue to say it.  The 24-Day Challenge is a STARTING POINT, not a destination.  It takes 90 days to change your metabolism. 

The Challenge helps give you a good base.  A place to start.  Begin developing good, healthy habits that are REALISTIC.  Habits that you can stick to for 90 days and beyond.

I am continuing to cook like I was during the last two weeks on the challenge.  Whole wheat.  Veggies.  Fruit.  Greek Yogurt instead of sour cream and regular yogurt.  Mixing my own seasonings.  Brown rice. Trying to stay away from prepackaged snacks.  I try to follow the Challenge eating guide 80% of the time.  This helps me continue to make permanent habits as well as gives me the freedom for those faculty parties, pizza Fridays, and that yummy ice cream.  Everything in moderation!

The 24 Day Challenge is just the tip of the Advocare Iceberg. There are so many wonderful products that help promote healthy living.  If you would like more information, please contact me, or click HERE

No comments: