Saturday, December 31, 2011

Goals

It is that time again...

That time of year where I start to think about what I need to do to better my life in the next year.

I like to set "goals" rather than resolutions.

Resolutions in the past have not worked.  Resolutions last until about mid-February.

"Goals" are more realistic.  I am a "goal" type of person. 

I like my goals written out like a list.

I am a list person.  I get an HUGE amount of satisfaction from striking a line through something on my list.

Sometimes I have multiple lists going.

Sometimes I write something on my list that I have just recently accomplished JUST so I can strike a line through it.

So here we go... My goals of 2012

1.  I would LOVE to put lose weight on here as a goal, however since I am just starting my third trimester that goal will NOT be a possibility until April.  This one I can actually procrastinate!

2.  Other than number 1... Try to procrastinate less.  I don't want to say "stop procrastinating" because that is an unrealistic goal.  If I say less...then that is something to shoot for.

3.  Delete old emails out of my inbox...and keep it cleaned out.

4.  Clean the kitchen each night after dinner instead of waiting until the next morning...or two.

5.  Fold laundry soon after it comes out of the dryer.  No more folding 8 loads of laundry in one afternoon.

6.  On the same lines as folding laundry... Do one or two loads of laundry a day instead of waiting 3 weeks and doing 8 loads of laundry in one day.  This one actually HAS to happen.  Apparently at our new home it is not recommended to do more than two loads of laundry in one day.  I'm hoping this rule will help me!

7.  De-Clutter and stay clutter free. 

8.  Get the baby room all set up and ready to go.

9.  Sweep/Dust my new wood floor at least once a week, if not more.

10. Finish ALL the unpacking.  Get rid of ALL the boxes.  (I am so tired of boxes...)

No comments: