Friday, December 23, 2011

Wait...you mean it's Christmas?!?!

I woke up this morning thinking it was just another Saturday.  I was wrong on two accounts.

It is actually Friday.

And it is the first day of Christmas break.

It doesn't feel like it.

I have no decorations up.

We made no Christmas candy, cookies, or other type of goodies.

I haven't wrapped any presents.  Or done any shopping for that matter.

I don't even know where my Santa hat is.

It is funny when I think back to a couple months ago when I found out we would probably be moving into our new house the weekend before Christmas.  I had all these plans of going ahead and putting up at least one tree and a handful of decorations.  I even thought I might be able to squeeze a batch of cinnamon rolls in to take home to my parents. 

Yeah...didn't happen.

The only thing I have up that is Christmasy is a snow globe nativity that was given to me by our Priest. 

I'm still working on unpacking boxes and figuring out where everything is going. Changing my mind.  Then changing it back.  (I have a feeling that's going to be the theme of my break.)

Then realizing with a small since of panic that I still have to also pack to go home for a couple days.

And run to the mall (shoot me now...)

And call the lighting place

And get ready for the closing of both houses today

Wow...

This is definitely one Christmas I will never forget!



No comments: