Sunday, May 6, 2012

The World Acording to Bryson

We recently traveled to Kansas City for my cousins wedding reception.  We were really looking forward to it for many reasons.  This was to be Jacqueline's first road trip, she would get to meet many of her family members (including cousin Bryson), and wedding are just plain fun!

Cousin Bryson is almost 5 now and very tall for his age.  He is smart and I believe a lot of that comes from the great questions and conversations he has.  Here are just a few that left us rolling in laughter over the weekend.

#1:  Concerning feeding Jackie.

Little B (as he runs in the room):  Where's my cousin!

Uncle Ethan:  She's over there with your Aunt Jillio

Little B:  She's tiny.  Can I hold her?

Me:  Not right now sweetie, she's eating.  Once she's done then you can hold her.

Little B:  What is she eating?

Me:  Milk.

Little B:  Oh...  How?

Me:  She gets it from me.

Little B:  Hmm...Do you drink it?

Me:  No, I make it. 

Little B:  How is she eating it?

Me:  Well...you know how a mommy cow feeds her baby cow, that's how I feed Jackie.
(Yes...I compared myself to a cow.  The things we will do for kids.)

Little B:  Oh!  Where's Uncle Ethan?

Me:  You goof... he's standing right beside you.

Fast-Forward to later in the evening.

Little B:  So, do you feed her from here.  (as he points to his chest)

Me:  Yep, I sure do.

Little B:  Do you go like this?  (Here he leans forward points to his chest and goes "Psssssssss")

Me:  Uhh kind of... 

Ethan:  Laughter!

#2:  Concerning Dinner

A little information.  My brother told Bryson to go sit down and wait while he went through the food line to get dinner.

Ethan (standing in the food line):  Well, hi Bryson, what are you doing?

Bryson: Looking for my dad.

Ethan:  Where did he say he was going to be.

Bryson:  He's supposed to be getting me food, but he's taking too long.

#3:  The Girl in the White Dress

Bryson goes and sits down at the table with his grandma and grandpa and some other family.  My brother (his dad) was dancing with the bride.

Grandma:  What are you doing Bryson, why do you look so sad.

Bryson (in a very sad voice):  I want to dance with the girl in the white dress.

Grandma:  Awww...well here's what you do.  Very nicely go up to your daddy and tap him on the shoulder, and ask him if you may cut in.

Bryson:  Oh!  Ok :

Bryson tried as hard as he could to tap his dad on the shoulder...he just wasn't tall enough. Luckily Joe noticed and bent down so he could hear what B wanted.  Joe smiled and stepped aside so his son could enjoy a dance with the "girl in the white dress"

No comments: