Monday, May 14, 2012

Highlights of My First Mother's Day

~   The beautiful earrings given to me from my husband.  They are a brilliant aquamarine blue, Jacqueline's birthstone.  I love them and they just happen to match everything that I wear!  I find that I try to wear my hair in a pony tail as often as possible just to show them off.

~  The very quiet moment during Mass (in a small country church that had possibly 25 people) when Jackie let out a very large and loud burp.  I think even the priest chuckled a little along with the rest of the congregation.

~  The look on my mom's face when she opened the card that told her the I-Pad we got her would be arriving shortly in the mail.  She is so excited!

~  Morning brunch with biscuits and gravy, french toast bake, poppy seed bread, coffee, juice.  Yum!

~  The call from my brother wishing me a happy Mother's Day.

~  Jackie sleeping almost the entire way to Halstead for Weber Mother's Day lunch.

~  Ethan proudly carrying the baby around when she got fussy, and everyone telling us how beautiful she is.

~  Mother's Day dinner at Ethan's brother's house.  Yummy grilled veggies, chicken and steak. Angel food cake with strawberries for dessert.

~  Finally getting little Jackie to sleep after a very long day, and enjoying a full night sleep!

I am so blessed to have such a wonderful life.  I knew for a very long time that God called me to be a wife and mother.  There is nothing greater in life than fulfilling God's will.  I continue to pray for the wisdom and guidance to live the life He wanted for me, and to always remember the great things He has blessed me with. 

No comments: