Monday, April 23, 2012

Things I have no Desire for

I've done quite a few posts in the past about my favorite things (at those moments).  I don't believe I've ever done a post on the things I don't like.  I think the reason is that it tends to bring about feelings of complaining and pessimistic.   Then I thought that it might sound better if I called it "Things I have no desire for" that way it's more about me and the things I'm just not interested in, rather than complaining. 

At least I hope that's how it is going to read...

Here we go...Things I have no desire for:

~  Sushi: Yes I have tried it.  My sister told me that I just needed to "try the good stuff."  I tried that too.  Same result.  Yuck!

~  Opera:  Not my thing...ever.

~  Fishing:  Boring.  (Although if you could promise me that as soon as I cast the line a fish would bite I think I would like it better...it's the waiting, and de-snagging my line that I just don't like).

~  Quilting:  Or really sewing of any kind.  I'm embarrassed to say that I once stapled the hem of my shorts. 

~  Running:  I have tried this too, it just hurts me too much.  My knees, hips, and ankles just can't take it.  I do however love to walk while golfing, swim, and take cycle classes.  I just can't seem to make myself enjoy running.

~  Cats:  They make me sneeze and get very red and puffy eyes.  I now give my husband a real reason not to be around cats.  He no longer has to pretend to be allergic to cats...I've got him covered :-)

~  Thongs:  (Not the ones on your feet).  TMI??? Maybe.

~  Family Guy:  I just don't see what is funny about it.  I've tried.

~  Debbie Downers:  I'm not talking about friends or family venting about a long day, I'm talking about those people who always seem to have something negative to say or complain about.  Yes, there are things I complain about...but in the end it doesn't really do any good anyway. 

No comments: