Saturday, April 11, 2009

Weekly Chatter

~ I played an April Fools joke on my middle schoolers and my sister. I wore a fake engagement ring around all day at school...the result? "Hook, line and sinker" I got them all. I did sorta feel bad when I realized how mad my sister was when she found out it was a joke. She was soooo excited for me and telling everyone she knew. Needless to say she was not happy to find out the truth...

~ The kids were mad too. I had one block who wouldn't speak to me and every time I walked to the front of the class they would turn around in their chairs so their back was to me...and would switch if I walked to the back of the class. I praised them for their creativity!

~ Ethan's dad is one who really appreciates a good prank. He thought the joke was hilarious and laughed the entire time I told the story...he laughed harder when I told him the reactions of my kids and sister.

~ The tables soon turned as the next day Ethan ended up having to go to the emergency room for stomach pains. After different tests it was determined that he was going to need his appendix removed. This all happened while I slept in my own comfortable bed and at 6:30 I got a text that said "going to the hospital." Nothing else. Talk about freaking out...I quickly called and found out what was going on. I took half a day off and helped his mom take care of him the rest of the day.

~ He is healing very nicely and still a little sore, but he feels soooo much better than that night.

~ For the first time ever I am not going to be spending a holiday with my own family. I am staying in Wichita to spend Easter with Ethan and his family. I will miss many of our traditions, but just to make sure I don't miss everything, I bought Easter baskets and candy to fill them for E and I. He laughed at me, but he will enjoy the candy!

~ I get to have chocolate today!!! I never cheated...not even once this lent. But today E and I are making "Death by Chocolate" dessert to take to his parents tomorrow! YUMMY :)

~ My parents are getting a new little puppy. A free dachshund puppy who will be named either Gus or Chester...I hope they go with Gus...and I can't wait to see him!!!

1 comment:

Casey said...

All of us vote "Gus" for the puppy's name...Happy Easter!