Saturday, April 18, 2009

Top 10 Reasons I Love Spring!

10: Longer Days. I love it when it stays lighter longer in they day. I am more motivated to stay "up and moving" when it's still day time at 7:30 as opposed to being ready for bed by 5 during the winter.

9: Light jackets, or even better...no coats at all. I hate having to wear around a big bulky coat everywhere I go. It becomes a pain to keep track of, but yet, I have to have it because I freeze everywhere I go.

8: My legs stay shaved a little longer. During the cold months I can spend 15 minutes in the shower making sure every stupid annoying hair is gone, and then the minute I step out of the shower, I get cold and the pricklies are back! Arrrggg!!!

7: Walks. It is nice enough to start going for walks on Saturdays and evenings. They can be so much fun and good for you too!

6: Plants. I always get a little touch of spring fever and want to buy a couple new plants for my house. Two rules though...have to be inexpensive and able to handle intense neglect without dying!

5: Grilling. I know that summer is the typical "grilling" season, but how many people can wait until June to bust out the grill...not many. If we're not grilling then someone usually is and the smell make my mouth water every time.

4: Baseball games. I love baseball games, and I used to go to games all the time watching my brother play. Now that Joe is done with ball, I have a new player to watch. Ethan's nephew Brandon plays and we get to go to some of the games. Sunflower seeds, homeruns, and good weather...gotta love it!

3: Rain. I'm not talking about the rain that comes every day of the week...I'm referring to the night rain that leaves the morning smelling fresh and clean. What a great start to the day.

2: My free time. The spring is the only season during school that I don't coach. I have my afternoons off to enjoy the nice weather and not feel like I'm married to the school.

1: The weather! The warm sun finally shines and everything turns green or other bright springy colors. My March I am sooo sick of the cold and snow that any break in the weather causes me to be in a very happy mood (and hoping that those nice days fall on a weekend!)

No comments: