Thursday, July 31, 2008

"Mama Calling"

Caller ID...one of the best additions to cell phones since...well, cell phones. The phone rings (usually making me jump) and I can instantly see who is trying to get a hold of me. At least 5-6 times a week...and sometimes more...my phone reads "Mama Calling."



I love my mother, we talk almost every day. She usually calls me just to see how I'm doing, and we end up talking for a while, mostly about nothing. However, there are times when I see "Mama Calling" that I sigh...what now? What can I possibly say to her that's new, nothing has happened since last night!



No matter...We still find things to talk about, and I hang up the phone feeling all caught up on small town gossip, PE lesson plans, or the latest on my little nephew. And what do you know, I'm calling her the very next day to see how she's doing.

1 comment:

Casey said...

Jill, I love it!! It will be so fun to keep up on what you're doing! We had a great weekend with you. Everyone is still talking about it!