Saturday, January 12, 2013

Christmas Candy

I had grand plans this year.

Last year, we moved right before Christmas.  Putting up decorations consisted of a single nativity snow globe that was given as a gift.  Needless to say, making Christmas candy didn't happen. 

This year, I was going to do it.

I made my list of candies I wanted to make

-  Peanut Clusters (with Heath toffee bits throw in...the ONLY way to make peanut clusters)
-  Peanut butter balls
-  Rolo Pretzel Pecan bites
-  Hershey Kiss Pretzel Peanut M&M bites (the alternative to Rolo Pretzel Pecan bites...hubby's not a fan of Pecans or Rolos)

I bought the supplies.

I got right down to it once I was home and baby was down for a nap, I whipped out those peanut clusters with heath bits.  Soooo good!  I really should make those more often than just Christmas time.

And that's where it stopped. 

We got busy and when I wasn't busy I didn't feel like messing up my kitchen.

And when I got a sweet tooth (which unfortunately happens more often than my figure needs it to) I had quite a stash of Rolos, Hershey Kiss, and Peanut M&Ms. 

The pretzels and pecans are unopened.

Maybe I'll save them for next year. 

No comments: