Sunday, July 3, 2011

Things that will never be the same

I have now been married for one year. Yep that's right...ONE YEAR. I can't believe how fast it has gone. It seems like just yesterday we were helping decorate the reception hall or celebrating with family and friends after the rehersal dinner. It has been an amazing year, married to an AMAZING man. I can't imagine my life any different than it is today. However, I can see after one year how there are some things that I will NEVER look at the same way.

Such as...

Volkswagon Beetle: Ethan and I play slug bug. Everytime we're in the car. It has now evolved to ANY slug bug ANY where you see it. Including TV, posters, and even little toy cars. I don't think I'll ever look at another Beetle and not want to reach out and punch someone in the arm.

"Moo Cows!"

Brazil: How can I not think about our honeymoon anytime someone mentions Brazil or Rio de Janeiro? I love anything that has to do with that country. Ha...we even went to a movie just because it was filmed in Rio. It turned out to be a great movie, with beautiful scenery!

S'mores: Ethan introduced me to the s'more with a Reece's peanut butter cup on it. Never.The.Same.Again!

Labradors: I was always a small dog person...until Ethan came along and his dogs became my dogs. Big outside dogs are definitely the way to go!

4th of July: This is our "Extra day." Since our anniversary is on July 3rd we will always get an extra day to celebrate. We're planners like that.

Colorado: Our first vacation spot, home of the Colorado Rockies, Ethan's ski destination...I wouldn't be surprised if the first thing we do when we win the lottery is buy a cabin/vacation home in the mountains in Colorado :0)

Happy Plate: Ok...Iwill admit. I never heard the term "happy plate" until I had dinner with Ethan's family. When I finished eating and someone told me I had a "happy plate" I had to ask what that was...

Jack and Coke: The drink I share with E's dad...

Brad Thor: Author of books Ethan and I really enjoy. He brought home one of the books on a whim one day, and we've been hooked ever since. We are currently waiting his next one due out this month!

The Office, The Sopranos, Alias: All shows that I started watching either with him or because of him.

Daisies: The friendliest flower and the main flower at our wedding.

Blue and Yellow: Color combination that we picked (I picked and he was VERY happy that I picked two of his favorite colors) for our wedding.

No comments: