Friday, November 18, 2011

Turning 29...

I am about to embark on the last year of my 20's.

I am ok with it.

I am not bursting with excitement over my birthday, but I am ok.

I tried to explain it to some of my colleagues today.  I made the comment that I wasn't excited about my birthday this year.  Now this comment doesn't fair very well with the majority of the teachers in my building.  I am, and have been, one of the youngest teachers in the building.  So when I say that I'm not excited about turning 29 the other's moan and groan about how the WISH they were turning 29. 

It is not the number. 

29 is fine with me.

I think the lack of enthusiasm comes from the many other things going on in my life at the moment.

I am happy.  I am ridiculously happy.  There are times I sit and think that I should be more worried, stressed, and frustrated because there are definitely things in my life that could cause me to be overwhelmed with those emotions.  BUT I'm not.  I'm happy. 

My birthday has always been something I look forward to.  A day to celebrate, relax, and forget anything that might not be going the way I want.  But this year...there are many more EXCITING things going on in my life, that my birthday just doesn't seem all that big.

I could list for you over and over all the wonderful things in my life, but I think I'll try to narrow it down to a top 10.

In no particular order...

10.  We our building a house.  It is almost done!

9.  We are "building" a baby.  She is half way done!

8.  I am constantly reminded of what a WONDERFUL husband I have.  Not that I need reminded :o)

7.  The inside of the house is painted.  We will finally be able to see how all of the decisions we had to make over tile, carpet, paint, hardware, wood, and so many other things come together.

6.  I get to eat and not worry.  Habits are hard to break.  I still weigh myself every morning to make sure I'm not gaining too much to fast.  But it is nice to be able to have a second helping of mashed potatoes if I want to!

5.  I can finally fill out a bra!  (Yes, that makes the top 10.)

4.  Thanksgiving is only 6 days away.  I love Thanksgiving.  We will be heading home to my parents for the holiday.  We haven't been home since Labor Day.  I can't wait!

3.  I LOVE all the belly rubs I get from my husband.  He is so excited for the baby to get here so he can hold her.  He is going to be a GREAT dad!

2.  Baby is moving more and more, and I'm finally starting to feel her on a regular basis. Still stops me in my tracks and takes my breath away. 

1.  One of the perks of having a girl is the added estrogen.  For me that means my ridiculously spiky leg hair grows slower and softer.  Thank you baby!!!

So...as you can see.  There are FAR more important things to be excited about this year than a number.  Especially a number that represents the "last" of something, when there are so many firsts heading my way. 

No comments: