Friday, August 10, 2012

When Someone Else Does It

There have been many times where Ethan and I have laughed at the number of things people will PAY for someone else to do, when they are perfectly capable of doing it themselves.  Some of our favorites include (but are not limited to):
  • Walking your dog
  • Picking up dog poo out of your yard
  • hanging Christmas lights
  • Getting your hair blow dried....seriously!
  • Grocery shopping
I will admit, today I paid for someone to do something that used to be on that list.  (It's no longer on the list since I paid for it...can't make fun of myself now can I?)

I paid for someone to vacuum out the truck.

Yep, something I am capable of doing myself. 

Actually it happened sort of by accident.

I wanted to get both vehicles all cleaned out and good to go before the start of another school year.  Today was the truck.  I cleaned out all the trash, wiped down the dusty dash, and searched for a new air freshener (didn't find one).  But as I went to go vacuum it out two things caused me to stop.

1.) The cord for the ShopVac wouldn't reach, even with the extension cord and I couldn't get the truck in the garage because the John Deere Lawn mower was in the way and I don't know how to move it (plus it had a big sprayer attached and I couldn't move it far without hitting something anyway).

2.) There was dog hair on the floor of the truck...dog hair is SO HARD to get all vacuumed up off the floor.  I figured that using one at the car wash would work better.

So, I decided that I would take the truck to get washed and then just put the quarters in the machine to vacuum it myself.

Well, Green Lantern Car Wash doesn't roll that way.  They don't have the little side vacuum things to put your quarters in.  They have two different sections.  Outside and inside and they do both.  So I figured, what the heck...I'll get a good clean on the inside.  Plus they do windshields and mirrors...ours needed that so bad and I can't seem to do it without leaving smears...drives me crazy!

So Jackie and I got out and waited patiently while the truck was being cleaned.  Jackie loved Green Lantern.  So many things to look at, so many new sounds, and lots of people stopping by to tell her how cute she was.  I'm guessing they don't get a lot of babies at the car wash...

The result:

AWESOME!

The truck looks fantastic, I can see out of the rear-view mirror like I never have before, AND they put in a nice little air freshener (new car smell) for free!  Which I still haven't actually found where they put it, but I can tell it is in there somewhere...

They did a MUCH BETTER JOB than I would have done on my own, and I didn't have to do it!

Totally worth the 7 bucks. 

No comments: