Saturday, August 18, 2012

I'm Not Old!

About a month ago, my husband calls me from work (actually I think it was a text message...) and tells me that Dierks Bentley is coming to Wichita.  We are big fans of Dierks, as his music somehow seemed to be with us at various stages of our relationship.  He proposed to me and we danced our first dance at our wedding to his song "My Last Name."  A song he released a long time ago and rarely gets played anymore.  But it fit us and we love it.

Since then we have loved every song he's come out with.

Needless to say we were excited!

As the day grew closer, I was still excited for the concert, but there was a little nagging thought in the back of my head.  It just kept repeating itself over and over again...

It has been 9 years since you went to a concert.

There are many things that make me feel young.  My daughter, family, my husband, my profession, my love of Harry Potter books, and many others...

However.

There are also many things that I do now that make me think I'm following a little too close in my mother's footsteps (NOT that she is old...just of a different generation.  Not sure that sounded better....)

I get up at 5 AM on weekdays.  I slept in this morning and was up at 6:50, and forced myself to lay in bed until 7:30. 

I like to be in bed by 10 at the latest.  I have no problem with going and laying down in bed at 8:30.

On most days I eat an early dinner.  5:00.

Not a fan of the "style" most young girls are wearing these days.

Back to that little voice in my head.  It has been 9 years since you went to a concert.

As excited as I was for Friday the 17th to get here, I was also a little nervous.  What if I thought it was too loud or that I was tired and out too late?  I don't want to be that old yet...

I wouldn't know until I got there.

The result? 

I'M NOT OLD!!! 

I loved the concert.  It was so much fun!  I was so excited for it to start.  I mean giddy-high-school-girl-can't-stop-smiling excited!!!  I didn't get tired.  At all.  Although, he was done playing by 10:00, which did help :)

AND  he played "My Last Name."  Couldn't have made for a better night.

No comments: