Sunday, August 5, 2012

I Never Realized...

  • How many times I just grab a little snack here and there throughout the day.
  • How easy it was to lick the spoon of ice cream (after grabbing just one more bite).
  • How I would take another bite or two of food as I put the leftovers away.
  • How much salt was actually in the food I consumed.
  • That a meal-replacement shake with a banana could actually keep me full until the next meal/snack.
  • That natural peanut butter over a rice cake would actually be something I look forward to during the day.
However.

I Always Knew...

  • How much I LOVE bread (or anything with wheat in it)...
  • How a piece of fruit would not satisfy my craving for one teeny tiny piece of chocolate (or an entire pan of brownies)
  • How hard it would be to go out to eat with family and order a garden salad with no dressing, when I really want the chicken fried steak with mashed potatoes and corn on the cob.
  • How I hate plain oatmeal.  I have tried many different ways...just can't do it.  I want to barf by the end of the bowl.

I am just finishing up day 5 of my 24-day challenge.  The first 10 days are a cleanse.  This is the hardest.  No wheat.  No dairy. VERY little added sugar (if any).  I am having success and seeing results and not cheating.  I am pushing through the first 10 days because of two main reasons.  The success I'm seeing so far, and the fact that I paid more money than I care to admit to do this.   After the cleanse I have a little more flexibility and I believe it will be something that I can continue on after the 24 days is over.

I just keep counting down the days.

1 comment:

Casey said...

Go, You!!
I'm so proud of you! And I totally know what you mean. :o) I was eating strict Paleo when we were in D.C. on spring break. I ate so many Cobb salads--no dressing, hold the bleu cheese--that I wanted to barf. And the only way oatmeal is at all palatable for me is to make steel cut oats--use a little less water so they're not so gluey, and eat them like rice--with garlic salt and pepper on them. Good luck!