Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Don't judge a book by its cover

Or...

Natural Peanut butter by the ugly separation of the oil and paste-like substance.

Yep, I did it.  I tried natural peanut butter with no added sugar or other goodies. (After stirring together the ugly...)

And it was YUMMY!

I couldn't believe it.  It still tasted like peanut butter, just MORE like peanuts!

Today is the day I start my 24 Day Challenge from Advocare.  I am hoping for good results in the way I look, feel, cook, and eat.  I begin with a 10 day cleanse and end with two weeks of a diet that will promote an increase in my metabolism and energy levels. 

Until the end of the challenge, do not offer me any of the following:

~ Ice cream

~ Chocolate

~ Fried food of any kind

~ Pizza

~ A lunch out to eat where there is not some sort of healthy option.

Once the challenge is over I hope that regular eating of most of these options won't be happening, but I will never completely give up ice cream and chocolate!

2 comments:

SquaraJane said...

I discovered "no stir" almond butter and it's totally blown my mind. I love it more that any peanut butter out there and I LOVE peanut butter. I hope it's going well so far. I've had a few slip ups but overall it's going well. I'm down about 15 lbs and I still have about a week left. The past couple of days it's gotten more difficult but I'm trying to stay the course! Lol! I'm excited that your blogging about your challenge. :) Maybe i'll keep motivated through you. :)

Keep it up! :)

Sarah

Jill said...

Thanks Sarah! So far so good, although I can tell it is going to be tough in the evenings. That's when I get hungry and want something SWEET! I'll have to try the almond butter. Let me know how your final results turn out. Good Luck!