Sunday, November 7, 2010

I'm Back!

At least I hope...

It has been awhile since I've sat down at my computer and written about what goes on in my not-so-interesting life. When things start getting crazy around here, the first thing I forget about is blogging... So while I lay awake early on a Saturday morning (because my body does not recognize the time change and that I actually can sleep for another hour) I will do my best to catch you up!

~ I got married. Yep, all those previous posts about the engagement and preparing for a wedding never got followed up by the actual event. It was a perfect day, even with the rain!

~ I traveled internationally for the first time. Ethan and I went to Rio de Janeiro on our honeymoon. Such a once in a lifetime opportunity and we had a great time.

~ I started my 5th year teaching...which sounds unbelievable to me that I've not only been part of a great school for 5 great years, but also that I've been out of college for 5 years. It feels like just yesterday.

~ Ethan has started the second bathroom project as we prepare to get our house ready to sell. I am confident that this bathroom project will go much quicker than the last because there is not near as much tile work that has to be done.

~ I received a new mixer from my in-laws for a wedding gift. You know one of those wonderful, do everything for you, Kitchenaid mixers. I LOVE IT! I'm doing things I never thought I would...making my own pizza dough, cinnamon rolls, and baking. Turns out baking is much more fun when you have a machine to do most of the work for you!

~ I was once again so very happy to be a part of the Cheney Volleyball Team, as they made their way to Salina for the state tournament for the 3rd year in a row. It is always such a great experience and I love that I get to be a part of it.

~ And once again since we made it to state in volleyball and since middle school basketball overlaps the high school season (I coach both sports), I have switched gears from volleyball to basketball in one day and coached my first bball game of the season after only 3 practices. We won! I love this time of year!!!

~ November has arrived, thankfully, as October is always such a busy, stressful month for me. I always rejoice on November 1st!

~ I'm looking forward as always to Thanksgiving again this year. We always spend Thanksgiving with my parents and we are a fun bunch to be around! I can't wait!

~ The dogs are doing great...they're spoiled rotten and have learned some new tricks. KC can jump the fence when there is something out there she REALLY wants, and Breck can scaled a brick wall. Yup! Your read that right...she looks like "Spider dog" as she scales up the wall to get a tennis ball that's been placed in the window.

1 comment:

Casey said...

I've missed you!! Glad you're back!