Tuesday, November 23, 2010

28 Years

I just recently turned 28. I am very happy with where I am in my journey of life. I have decided that to celebrate my 28 years I would write a post about the 28 things I have learned while still remembering that I have much more to learn...

28. There is always room for ice cream no matter how full after a meal. Ice cream seems to melt on in there.

27. Shaving your legs for the first time is an awesome feeling...until the next day when you realize that it really doesn't last that long.

26. Teachers make mistakes, the difference between those teachers we loved and those we hated was how they reacted to it.

25. Habits are very hard to break.

24. You will find that more people will be polite and treat you well if you start the conversation with a smile and a sincere "how are you today."

23. It is much easier to clean up the kitchen right after dinner than wait till the following morning to do everything. This is something I have learned but still have a hard time following through with.

22. My Mother makes the best breakfast casserole.

21. The parents that don't worry about being the "cool parent" or their kid's friend are the best parents.

20. Kids will make mistakes...even the best kids will do something wrong once in a while.

19. Being with someone who makes you laugh is far more important than if they spend hours in the gym trying to make "washboard abs." The personality stays...the abs don't.

18. Money isn't everything, but life is much less stressful when you have a job.

17. The family activities and traditions as a kid that I thought were silly or embarrassing are the one's I want to carry on with my own family someday.

15. Swimming is one of the best skills I learned early on when my mom took us to the pool everyday. It is a skill that I believe to be one of the most important a child can learn.

14. The Declaration of Independence was signed on July 4, 1776, 2+2=4, and K stands for Potassium on the Periodic Table.

13. Sundays are best spent relaxing and enjoying a day with family or just snuggled on the couch with a good book or movie.

12. Coffee and beer are acquired tastes. I have acquired a taste for both.

11. Men prefer long hair on women. Although once you get married...anything goes :)

10. It is always important to remember your blessings and thank God for everything good in your life.

9. The song Lola by the Kinks needs to be listened to all the way through before playing it at school.

8. When dad says your curfew is 12...he means 12.

7. Every girl has in her head what she thinks is the perfect way she would be proposed to. It's never as good as the way he does it.

6. House plants appreciate water.

5. Those people in high school who were constantly surrounded by drama, are the adults who seem to still have drama in their lives.

4. I would never want to be President.

3. Life really is better when you have someone to share it with. If you don't think so try being alone for a long period of time.

2. Age is a matter of perception.

1. We never stop learning.

1 comment:

Casey said...

LOVE it!! You are wiser than many that are twice your age! Have a happy, happy Thanksgiving with your family!