Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Why Advocare?

Out of all the nutrition systems out there, why do I believe so much in Advocare?  What brought me here in the first place?

For me Advocare stood out for two specific reasons.

1. It had a program, the 24 Day Challenge, that was modified for breast feeding moms.  I knew that the supplements I would be taking and the food I would be eating would be safe for me, as well as giving me enough food so my milk supply didn't dwindle.  This was important to me, I wanted something that would help me lose weight without "dieting."  Nursing moms still need to consume extra calories.  I wanted a way to get those extra calories, help become more healthy, and make life-long changes. 

2.  It was shared with me by a friend who was very similar to me.  She had been a college athlete, and built like one.  She had spent her entire life thinking she would always weigh a certain number.  Then Advocare helped her drop 20 pounds lower than that number.  I saw myself in her.  She inspired me to try, talked to me in terms I understood, and helped me along the way.

I started out like many others I hear...

"I can't afford it."

"I'm not good at following a set eating plan."

"There is no way a shake is going to fill me up like my usual breakfast."


My friend had answers for all of these excuses.  Answers that made sense. 

"I can't afford it."

You "CAN'T" or you "WON'T" there is a big difference.

"I'm not good at following a set eating plan."

The 24 Day Challenge really allows you to eat all kinds of foods.  It asks you to give up wheat and milk for 10 days, and try to eat less processed more clean foods.  It isn't like those diets that restrict you to only eating one food group, where you miss out on key nutrients and vitamins.  This really helps you make habits that are LIFE LONG.

"There is no way a shake is going to fill me up like my usual breakfast."

Try one.  If you don't like it, we can talk about how to have a healthy, nutritious breakfast that will give you a great start and keep you satisfied just as long, or longer than your typical breakfast now.

Ok. 

I can do this.  24 day cleanse.  It's 24 days out of my life that can help me feel better, look better, and achieve more.  24 days.  Less than a month.  I can stick to something for 24 days.

Little did I know what those 24 days were going to do for me.

I am 2 days away from completing my second Challenge, and I don't plan on stopping there.

I feel better.

I look better.

I have more energy.

I can do more! 

I am so thankful that Advocare has become part of my life.  I am so thankful for my friend and her support.  And now I want to be that friend for you.

Let me help YOU jump start your LIFE.

No comments: