Monday, January 6, 2014

START!

In order for something great to happen... you first have to START.

In order to have success at something... you must BEGIN.

In order to reach a goal...you have to SET IT.

HERE. WE. GO.

Today is day one of our Advocare 24 Day Challenge.  We start with a 10 day cleanse.  Ethan and I will be doing this together, however ours will be a little different since I am still breastfeeding and will be doing a modified challenge so I don't lose my milk supply.

I am realistic.  I know there are going to be parts of this that are more challenging than others.  It helps if I identify them, and point them out so we will be more than ready.  Besides how fun is it to reach a goal without any challenges?  If there isn't something to challenge you toward your goal, it isn't a goal.

My Challenges:

  • Time management:  I am taking on quite a lot at the moment.  Returning to teaching after 9 weeks of maternity leave.  Trying to establish a morning routine with TWO girls, under the age of two, one who is completely dependent on either Ethan or myself, and the other who is determined to be independent, but lacking the skill to do so.  A full day of teaching, without forgetting to eat.  Trying to fit in a workout at least four days a week.  Cooking dinner.  Normal housework. Getting food ready for the next day.  Blogging.  Oh...and sleeping somewhere in there...
  • No Wheat.  During the Cleanse Phase we will be avoiding wheat and dairy (except for Advocare products).  I love, Love, LOVE all things wheat.  
Ethan's Challenges:
  • No Dairy.  Ethan loves his milk and cheeses.  Although he will get to add this back in after the cleanse in moderation.
  • No Dips.  Ethan is a big dipper.  This will also challenge me to find ways to fix foods where he doesn't feel like he wants to dip it in BBQ or Ranch.
  • Veggies.  Ethan doesn't like cooked veggies.  He will eat them raw, but that can get old (and even quicker when there's no Ranch to dip them in...)  Many of the meals include cooked veggies
Today's Menu:  Remember, this is a cleanse where you get to EAT!  :)

Breakfast:  Egg white scramble with peppers and onions for Ethan, tomatoes and spinach for me.  1/2 cup oatmeal with banana and a TBS of all natural peanut butter. 

Snack:  Banana and two TBS of peanut butter for me, apple and two TBS peanut butter for Ethan.

Lunch:  Meal replacement shake for me and meal replacement bar for Ethan.

Snack: After workout recovery shake (a whole post coming on this later!)

Dinner:  Chicken taco bowls with black beans, cilantro lime rice, and homemade guacamole.  YUM!

Tomorrow... a cleanse friendly recipe and some tips for dealing with those challenges! 

**If the Advocare 24 Day Challenge is something you would like to try or would like more information on let me know or visit my website**

No comments: